Thursday, September 11, 2014

Interview with a Master


Interview with a Master
By: Jason Luke
Published: February 7, 2014
Genre: BDSM Erotica
Pages: 260



This is not a conventional romantic love story.  It is an interview with Jonah Noble.  The book is narrated by Jonah.  I've read reviews that absolutely loved the book and reviews that hated it.  It's gotten flack because it's an interview of a Master written by a... well.... he doesn't say Master, just involved in the lifestyle for several years.

Jonah Noble.  Controlled. Calculated.


Jonah's first descriptions of the journalist are not flattering.  Their encounter starts off quite abrasive.

The questions she had asked were the kind of questions I would expect a child to ask, not a journalist.
 
"Mr. Noble I resent your language."

I was standing close to her.  Close enough to smell her cheap perfume. 

"The door is right there Ms. Fall you can walk out right now for all I care,"
 




Leticia Fall.  Young.  Naïve.
 
As the interview progresses, Jonah's thoughts and descriptions regarding her evolve.  In a typical romance novel he'd describe how she makes him feel. 
 
He doesn't.
 
I can see where that may cause the disconnect a lot of reviews expressed.  He expresses his growing interest very subtly.  
 

Jonah is very cunning.

 
I reached out for her then. My hand cupped under the soft smooth skin of her chin.  It was a distinctly intimate gesture, presumptuous and possessive, but I'm often like that with women.


I stared into her eyes and smiled.  It was one of my better efforts- one of my slow, sexy smiles
 


And this is how we meet them.




Jonah agrees to answer any question she has as long as she agrees to answer his. 
He must continually explain the lifestyle to her.  It appears that she has not researched her topic very well.  She admits to being an intern, which explains what seems to be, a lack of preparation. 




There are definitely erotic scenes recounted by Jonah involving the women in his life who had the most impact.
 



Claire Moreland. 26 to his 19. Manipulative.


Claire blackmailed me for sex.  She used me. 
Made me her slave.







Sherry. Waiflike.  Petite.  Natural submissive.  Uninhibited.







I knew in that instant I had found the woman I was looking for.











Caroline.  Beautiful.  Exotic.  Stunning.
This is his last relationship.


An axperienced submissive, she sought him out.









As the story develops so does the interaction and intensity between Jonah and Leticia.








"Tell me what you fantasized about while you were laying there with your legs spread and your fingers touching yourself."
"You"




Jonah's feelings and reasoning become more apparent.

"It's the only thing that kept us apart, Leticia, I swear to you,"

But, I'm alone, and desperately lonely.

Not the typical romantic love story or BDSM story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment